Container Service Kubernetes clusters support reuse of Server Load Balancer (SLB) instances. To save resources, you can add the same SLB instance to multiple applications deployed in a Container Service Kubernetes cluster of Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS). Meanwhile, fixed IP addresses can be provided for the applications to facilitate O&M.
Before adding the same SLB instance to multiple applications, perform the following operations:
- Upgrade the Cloud Controller Manager (CCM) component of the Container Service Kubernetes
cluster. For more information, see Manage system components.
A Container Service Kubernetes cluster contains multiple templates. You must upgrade the CCM component of the managed Kubernetes and dedicated Kubernetes cluster templates to the following versions:
Notice If you do not upgrade the CCM component for your Container Service Kubernetes cluster, you cannot reuse an SLB instance or delete an existing listener, or the application traffic may drop to zero.
- The CCM version of a managed Kubernetes cluster is 22.214.171.124-g93c7140-aliyun or later.
- The CCM version of a dedicated Kubernetes cluster is v126.96.36.199-g3f39653-aliyun or later.
- Create an SLB instance.
- When you add an SLB instance on the Application Details page of the EDAS console, the SLB instance purchased by EDAS cannot be reused.
- The created SLB instance must be in the same VPC as the application to which the SLB instance is to be added.
- Learn Limits of SLB instances.
Reuse an SLB instance
You can add an SLB instance to multiple applications for reusing the SLB instance. For more information, see Add an SLB instance to an application in a Kubernetes cluster. This topic only describes the considerations for operations in the Add Public SLB Configuration Confirmation dialog box.
- Choose SLB: Select the SLB instance that you created in the previous step from the drop-down list on the right, instead of the SLB instance that EDAS purchased for you.
- SLB Port: You can set this port to any unused port.
Verify the result
- Log on to the SLB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- On the Server Load Balancers page, click the name of the target SLB instance.
- On the Instance Details page, click the Listener tab, and check whether the settings of the port, (application) name, and VServer group are consistent with your configuration.
After an SLB instance is added for multiple applications, these applications can be accessed through the IP address and different ports of the same SLB instance.