- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . By default, the Configurations page appears.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region. On the Configurations page, select a microservice namespace from the Microservice Namespace drop-down list. Then, click Create Configuration.
- In the Create Configuration panel, set the parameters and click Create.
The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Region The region in which you want to create the configuration. The region is selected in the top navigation bar. You cannot change the value of this parameter in this panel. Microservice Namespace The microservice namespace to which the configuration belongs. The microservice namespace is selected on the Configurations page. You cannot change the value of this parameter in this panel. Data ID The ID of the configuration. We recommend that you enter an ID in the
classrepresents an informative name of the configuration, such as
com.foo.bar.log.level.Note A data ID must be unique within a group.
Group The group of the configuration. We recommend that you enter a service name or a module name. A group must be globally unique. Data encryption The data encryption method. Valid values:
- KMS encryption: calls Key Management Service (KMS) to directly encrypt and decrypt the configuration. We recommend that you limit the size of the content of the configuration to be encrypted or decrypted to up to 4 KB. The size of the content cannot exceed 6 KB. We recommend that you do not use special characters such as ampersands (&) in the content of the configuration, which may cause decryption errors.
- KMS AES-128 encryption: uses the envelope encryption method of KMS. The size of the content of the configuration to be encrypted or decrypted can exceed 6 KB but cannot exceed 100 KB. The content of the configuration in plaintext is not transmitted to KMS. We recommend that you use KMS AES-128 encryption, which is more secure.
For more information about data encryption, see Create and use encrypted configuration.
Configuration Format The format of the content of the configuration. Configuration Content The content of the configuration. Example:
Configuration Description The description of the configuration. More Configuration
After the configuration is created, the configuration appears on the Configurations page.
- Application: Enter the name of the application to which the configuration that you want to create belongs.
- Label: Enter a label keyword in the field and select a label from the drop-down list.