If an alert remains unresolved for an extended period of time, you can configure an escalation policy to remind contacts to resolve the alert. After you specify an escalation policy in a notification policy, Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) sends alert notifications to the specified contacts based on the notification method that you specify. This reminds the contacts to take necessary actions to resolve the alert.
Create an escalation policy
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- On the Applications page, select EDAS Kubernetes Cluster or Container Service or Serverless Kubernetes Cluster from the Cluster Type drop-down list. Then, click the name of the application for which you want to configure an escalation policy.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the Notification policy list section, select the notification policy that you create, click the icon, and then select Editing.
- In the Generate alerts section, set the Update notification method parameter to update policy. Then, click Add.
- In the upper part of the dialog box that appears, enter a name for the escalation policy in the field.
- In the section for configuring an escalation rule, specify a condition to trigger
a notification. This way, EDAS sends alert notifications if alerts are not claimed
or resolved by alert contacts for a specified period of time. For example, you can
specify that an escalation notification is sent to the contacts when an alert is not
claimed for 10 minutes. Note To add an escalation rule, click +add rule.
Parameter Description Contact The recipients of alert notifications. You can specify one or more contacts, contact groups, or DingTalk groups to receive alert notifications. For more information about how to create a contact, see Create a contact. Notification method The method that is used to send alert notifications. Valid values: DingTalk, Mail, SMS, Phone call, and WebHook. You can specify one or more notification methods.Note Before a contact can receive alert notifications by using phone calls, you must verify the mobile number of the contact. For more information, see Verify a phone number. Notification period The time range during which alert notifications are repeatedly sent if the specified condition of the escalation rule is met. Number of repetitions The number of times that alert notifications are repeatedly sent. EDAS sends alert notifications to the contacts only when an alert meets the specified condition of the escalation rule.Note EDAS sends one alert notification even if you set the Number of repetitions parameter to 0.
- After the settings are complete, click the icon in the upper-right corner.