This topic describes the billable items, billing methods, pricing methods, and billing rules for Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS).
EDAS bills are generated based on the number of instances on which applications are deployed. These instances are referred to as application instances in this section. The billing method varies based on the types of clusters in which applications are deployed.
- ECS cluster
In an ECS cluster, only one application can be deployed on each ECS instance. Therefore, EDAS bills you for each application based on the number of ECS instances on which the application is deployed. These ECS instances are application instances.
For example, if you deploy an application on 10 ECS instances in an ECS cluster, you are billed for 10 application instances.
- Kubernetes cluster
In a Kubernetes cluster, each pod is regarded as one application instance.
For example, if you deploy an application on 15 pods in a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster, you are billed for 15 application instances.
- The bills generated by EDAS do not include the charges for pods and ECS instances, but include only the fees for managing the pods and ECS instances.
- You are charged based on the largest number of application instances that you use in a day. You are not billed twice when you restart a pod or an ECS instance.
EDAS on Alibaba Cloud (pay-as-you-go)
- Only Standard Edition supports the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information
about the features provided by Standard Edition, see the description of Standard Edition
Notice If you want to disable the pay-as-you-go billing method for an application, you must manually delete the application on the application management page. Then, the system stops billing for the application.
- EDAS provides a sales promotion for pay-as-you-go application instances. The first five pay-as-you-go application instances are free of charge during the sales promotion.
- The following table describes the billing rules for pay-as-you-go application instances.
Tier for the number of pay-as-you-go application instances Unit price for an application instance in the tier (Unit: USD per day) One to five application instances 0 during the sales promotion More than five application instances 0.31
USD 0.31 × (50 - 5) = USD 13.95
EDAS on Alibaba Cloud (subscription)
Purchase an EDAS subscription plan.
Billing based on the number of subscription application instances
Subscription billing is applicable to three editions of EDAS: Standard Edition, Professional Edition, and Platinum Edition. The subscription price of application instances varies based on the edition that you select.
|Maximum number of supported application instances||Standard Edition (USD per month)||Professional Edition (USD per month)||Platinum Edition (USD per month)|
Billing rules for additional application instances beyond the resource plan
- Standard Edition, Professional Edition, and Platinum Edition support the pay-as-you-go
billing method for additional application instances beyond the resource plan. The
unit price for a pay-as-you-go application instance varies with different editions.
- Standard Edition: 0.31 USD per day
- Professional Edition: 0.93 USD per day
- Platinum Edition: 2.79 USD per day
- When both subscription and pay-as-you-go application instances are used, the total
cost of application instances in a month is calculated by using the following formula:
Subscription price + Number of pay-as-you-go application instances × Unit price of a pay-as-you-go application instance × Number of days when pay-as-you-go application instances are used in the current month.
For example, you purchase Standard Edition with 100 application instances in subscription mode, and use 50 pay-as-you-go application instances for five days in a month. The total cost of application instances in that month is calculated by using the following formula:
USD 1,143 + 50 × USD 0.31 × 5 = USD 1,220.5
- When you scale in an application, the pay-as-you-go application instances are released first. You are no longer charged for pay-as-you-go application instances that have been released. You are charged only the subscription fee when all pay-as-you-go application instances are released.