You can use the YML Configuration feature to modify the parameters in the YML file of your Logstash cluster. These parameters are used to control the tasks that run on the cluster.
- By default, the slow log feature is enabled in the YML file. This feature helps you locate Logstash issues. We recommend that you do not delete the configurations for this feature.
- To ensure a stable service, Logstash does not allow you to modify the following parameters:
node.name path.data path.config http.host http.port log.level path.logs path.plugins log.format path.settings pipeline.workers xpack.management.enabled xpack.management.pipeline.id xpack.management.elasticsearch.username xpack.management.elasticsearch.password xpack.management.elasticsearch.hosts xpack.monitoring.enabled xpack.monitoring.elasticsearch.username xpack.monitoring.elasticsearch.password xpack.monitoring.elasticsearch.hosts
- Log on to the Elasticsearch console.
- Navigate to the desired cluster.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logstash Clusters. On the Logstash Clusters page, find the cluster and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, click Cluster Configuration.
- On the Cluster Configuration page, click Modify Configuration on the right side of YML Configuration.
- In the YML File Configuration panel, modify the parameters based on your business requirements.
For more information about the parameters, see Logstash 6.7.0 Reference.Warning After you modify the configurations in the YML file, the system restarts the Logstash cluster for the modifications to take effect. Therefore, before you perform the following operations, make sure that the restart does not affect your business.
- Select This operation will restart the cluster. Continue? and click OK. Then, the system restarts the Logstash cluster. You can view the restart progress in the Tasks dialog box. For more information, see View the progress of a cluster task. After the cluster is restarted, the configurations in the YML file are updated.