Alibaba Cloud Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) is upgraded after it incorporates the technology of Wuying. EDS provides a cloud desktop service that is secure, efficient, and easy-to-use. You can use EDS to quickly create and manage cloud desktops and build a secure and flexible office system.
- Administrators: O&M administrators. Administrators can manage cloud desktops in a centralized manner. For example, administrators can manage workspaces, desktops, policies, images, networks, and storage.
- Regular users: cloud desktop users. Regular users can use the EDS client to connect to cloud desktops.
Why Alibaba Cloud EDS?
EDS provides cloud desktops that work as office tools oriented to the digital economy era. You can use cloud desktops to work anytime, anywhere. The cloud desktops can unleash mass computing power to run diverse applications. In addition, the Alibaba Cloud protection system ensures business data security on the cloud desktops. EDS provides a secure and efficient office system that is easy to use and ensures better user experience.
- Flexible configuration and billing: EDS provides cloud desktops with different specifications of vCPUs and GPUs in multiple regions. You can access cloud desktops from various types of EDS clients. You can flexibly configure and quickly purchase cloud desktops based on your business requirements. The cloud desktops are out-of-the-box after you place an order.
- Centralized management and efficient O&M: You can use the Alibaba Cloud Management Console to manage and maintain cloud desktops in a centralized manner.
- Easy network access and secure data: Cloud desktops rely on the powerful infrastructure to ensure easy network access. Security gateways are used to isolate cloud desktop network and the Internet to ensure network security. The fine-grained management of permissions and account system that contains a variety of security policies and audit features are used to ensure auditable and traceable operations. This way, data security is worry-free.
- Integrated with enterprise Active Directory (AD) systems: Cloud desktops can be connected to the enterprise verification system of enterprises to provide enterprise grade management. You can use cloud desktops to interconnect with enterprise systems across networks and regions, which helps manage multiple branches of enterprises in a centralized manner.
- Cloud desktops: When you use cloud desktops, you are charged for computing resources such as vCPUs, memory, GPUs, and storage resources such as system and data disks.
- AD connectors: If you connect EDS to the Active Directory (AD) systems of enterprises, you are charged for AD connectors when you create workspaces of the enterprise AD account type.
- Bandwidth to access the Internet: If your cloud desktops require Internet access, you must enable Internet access for the workspace in which your cloud desktops reside. You are charged for the bandwidth that is required to access the Internet on a pay-by-data-transfer or pay-by-bandwidth basis.
- Shared storage: If you want to share files between cloud desktops in the same workspace, you must create an Apsara File Storage NAS (NAS) file system for the workspace. You are charged for the NAS file system based on your storage usage.
For more information, see Overview.