After you assign a cloud desktop to an end user, the end user can use an Alibaba Cloud Workspace client to connect to and use the cloud desktop. This topic describes how to connect to and use a cloud desktop as an end user.
Preparations and limits
Elastic Cloud Desktop (EDS) allows you to connect to a cloud desktop from an Alibaba Cloud Workspace client of one of the following types: Windows client, macOS client, iOS client, Android client, and Web client.
- Logon address: Web client
- Supported browsers: Chrome and Firefox
- Download URL: Download Alibaba Cloud Workspace Client
- Select the correct version of the Windows client or macOS client to download based on your account type. In EDS, the following account types are available: the convenience account, enterprise AD account, and RAM account.
- Android: Go to the download page for Alibaba Cloud Workspace clients for Android and download the client based on the OS version that your device runs.
Note Alibaba Cloud Workspace clients support Android 10.0 or later and iOS 9.0 or later.
- Go to the download page for Alibaba Cloud Workspace clients for iOS and download the client based on the OS version that your device runs.
- Search for Alibaba Cloud Workspace in App Store.
Obtain the required logon information
|Workspace ID/Organization ID||The end user can log on to the client by using a workspace ID or an organization ID. The logon information can be found in emails sent to the associated email address.|
|Username and password|
|Network access mode||The network access mode determines whether the client can connect to the cloud desktop over the Internet or a private network of an enterprise. You can specify a network access mode when you create a workspace, and you can find the configuration on the workspace details page. |
|Create or delete a convenience workspace|
|Logon by using a verification code||You can enable logon by using a verification code based on your business requirements. Then, the end user can log on to the client by using a mobile number and a verification code.||Create a convenience user|
Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Workspace client
The following example describes how to log on to a Windows client by using the logon information sent by the system as an end user.
- Download and install a Windows client.
- Obtain the client logon information, including the organization ID or workspace ID, username, password, and network access mode, from the email that is sent by the system.
- Double-click the icon to launch the Alibaba Cloud Workspace client.
- Enter the organization ID or workspace ID that you obtained from the email sent by the system, select a network access mode, and then click . Note
- If you are not an enterprise user, you can click Business Edition to switch to Personal Edition, and scan the QR code by using Alipay to log on to the client.
- If you log on by using an organization ID, you can access all cloud desktops that are assigned to you. If you log on by using a workspace ID, you can access all cloud desktops that are assigned to you in the workspace.
- If your administrator enables logon by using a verification code for an end user, you can click Mobile Phone to log on by using a mobile number and the verification code that is sent to the mobile number.
- To select the network access mode, you can find the network access mode in emails sent by the system to the associated email address.
- Enter the username and password. Note
- If you cannot connect to the server due to network exceptions, you can click Settings and choose to check the network connectivity.
- If you select Auto Sign In, the client remains in the logged-on state for three days.
- If issues occur when you log on to the client and connect to a cloud desktop, you can click Help to view documentation.
- Optional: If your administrator has configured secure logon, such as multi-factor authentication (MFA), you must enter a verification code that is generated from a virtual MFA device.
Note If your administrator has configured MFA for a cloud desktop that is assigned to you, you must enter the correct verification code that is generated from the bound virtual MFA device before you can connect to the cloud desktop. If your administrator has not configured secure logon, skip this step.
- First logon: The first time you connect to the cloud desktop, you must follow the on-screen instructions to bind a virtual MFA device. For more information, see Bind a virtual MFA device to an end user.
- Non-first logon: In other cases, you must enter the verification code that is generated from the virtual MFA device.
- Click .
Connect to a cloud desktop
- You cannot connect to a cloud desktop that is in the Stopped state until it is started.
- If issues occur during desktop connection, see FAQ about connecting to cloud desktops for troubleshooting.
A cloud desktop is available for use after connection. For more information, see Use a cloud desktop.