If you want to change the environment of a cloud desktop or initialize the cloud desktop, you can use the image change feature. This topic describes how to change the image that is used by a cloud desktop.
- The required data in the system disk of the cloud desktop is backed up.
Warning After you change the image of a cloud desktop, software and personal data in the original system disk is deleted and cannot be restored. Proceed with caution when you change the image.
- The cloud desktop is in the Stopped state. For more information, see Stop a cloud desktop.
- You can select the OS of an image during image change. However, this operation is unavailable in the following regions: China (Hong Kong), Australia (Sydney), Singapore (Singapore), and Japan (Tokyo).
- Image change between GPU and non-GPU images is not supported. If a cloud desktop is of the Graphics type, you can use only a GPU image. If the cloud desktop is of a non-Graphics type, you can use only a non-GPU image.
- The system deletes data from the original system disk. The system deletes snapshots that are created from the original system disk of the cloud desktop because the original snapshots become unavailable.
- If you change the OS of the image, the system deletes data from the original data disk of the cloud desktop. The system also deletes snapshots that are created from the original data disk of the cloud desktop because original snapshots become unavailable. If you do not change the OS of the image, data in the original data disk is retained, and snapshots that are created from the data disk are still available.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Cloud Desktops page, find the desired cloud desktop and click Change Image in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a new image and click Confirm.
- In the message that appears, click OK. During image change, the cloud desktop is in the Changing state. When the cloud desktop enters the Running state, the image is changed. You can log on to the cloud desktop to check whether the change takes effect.