If the policy that is associated with your cloud desktop cannot meet your business requirements, you can modify the configurations of the policy. This topic describes how to modify the configurations of a policy.
- The policy that you want to modify is a custom policy.
- System policies cannot be modified. If your cloud desktop is associated with a system policy that cannot meet your business requirements, you can disassociate the policy from your cloud desktop and associate a custom policy with your cloud desktop. For more information, see Change the associated policy for a cloud desktop.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policy Management.
- On the Policies page, find the policy that you want to modify and click Change Policy in the Actions column.
- In the Change Policy panel, modify the configurations of the policy based on your business requirements.
You can modify the policy name and policy configurations. For more information about policy configurations, see Create a policy in the Chapter of Manage policies.
- Click OK.
The new configurations take effect on the cloud desktop that is associated with the policy. Configurations such as the security group control and domain name whitelist and blacklist immediately take effect. Other configurations, such as the logon method, client IP address whitelist, and USB redirection, take effect the next time you log on to the cloud desktop.