This topic describes how to create a cloud desktop. When you create a cloud desktop, you need to configure related settings, such as the billing method, workspace, user, security policy, and desktop template.
- A workspace and a regular user are created. For more information about how to create
a workspace and a regular user, see the following topics:
- Convenience account: Create a workspace of the convenience account type and Create a convenience user.
- Enterprise Active Directory (AD) account: Create a workspace of the enterprise AD account type and Create AD users.
- A desktop template is created, or an existing desktop template is used. For more information about how to create a cloud desktop template, see Create a desktop template.
- A policy is created, or an existing policy is used. For more information about how to create a policy, see Create a policy.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Create Cloud Desktop.
- On the page that appears, configure the parameters for the cloud desktop. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Billing Method The billing method of the cloud desktop.
- Subscription: You must pay for the cloud desktop before you use the cloud desktop. This method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method and allows you to reserve resources in advance.
- Pay-as-you-go: You can pay for the cloud desktop after you use it. You are charged based on the desktop usage duration.
For more information, see Billing overview.
Desktop Name The name of the cloud desktop. The name helps you identify the cloud desktop. The naming conventions are provided on the configuration page. Select region The region where you want to deploy the cloud desktop. Workspace The workspace to which cloud desktops belong. The system assigns an IP address from the CIDR block of the secure office network that is used by the workspace to the cloud desktop. Quantity The number of cloud desktops that you want to purchase. The following two methods are supported:
Note When you purchase multiple cloud desktops, the system adds incremental suffixes to the cloud desktop names based on the number of cloud desktops that you purchased. For example, if you set Desktop Name to test and Quantity to 3, the names of your cloud desktops are test001, test002, and test003.
- Specify Quantity
You can specify the number of cloud desktops that you want to purchase. However, the system does not assign cloud desktops to your users. You can assign cloud desktops to your users after the cloud desktops are created. For more information, see Assign cloud desktops to regular users and view the regular users.
- Specify Per-user Quantity
You can select regular users to whom you want to assign cloud desktops and specify the number of cloud desktops for each user. For example, if you select User A and User B and retain the default value of Specify Per-user Quantity, which indicates that each user is assigned one cloud desktop. This way, the system creates two cloud desktops and assigns Desktop 1 to User A and Desktop 2 to User B.Select regular users who are authorized to use cloud desktops based on the workspace account type.
- If the workspace in which your cloud desktop resides is of the convenience account type, you can select existing convenience users.
- If the workspace in which your cloud desktop resides is of the enterprise AD account type, you can select the existing AD users in the AD controller that is used by an AD system. You can also upload users that are contained in a .csv file.
Tags The tag that is used to identify resources and manage cloud desktops by group. Tags help you search for cloud desktops and perform operations on multiple cloud desktops at a time. A tag is a key-value pair. You can add tags to cloud desktops based on your business requirements. For more information, see Use tags to manage cloud desktops. Security Policy The policy that is used to manage permissions on regular users to ensure data security. The configurations in a policy can be used to control permissions on USB redirection and the read/write permissions on disks or clipboards. For more information, see Policy overview. Desktop Templates The template that is used to create cloud desktops. A desktop template defines the desktop specifications, including vCPUs, memory size, GPUs, and sizes of system and data disks, and image information such as the OS type. You can select a system template or a custom template based on your business requirements. Custom Hostname You can specify hostnames for Windows cloud desktops in a workspace of the enterprise AD account type. The hostname must meet the following requirements:
If you create multiple cloud desktops, you can use the
- It must be 2 to 15 characters in length.
- It can contain letters, digits, and hyphens (-). It cannot start or end with a hyphen (-), contain consecutive hyphens (-), or contain only digits.
name_prefix[begin_number,bits]name_suffixformat to determine the hostnames of the cloud desktops. For example, if you specify Hostname to ecd-1,4-test, the hostname of the first cloud desktop is ecd-0001-test and the hostname of the second cloud desktop is ecd-0002-test. The rest is deduced by analogy.
- name_prefix: the prefix of the hostname.
- [begin_number,bits]: the ordered number in the hostname. begin_number: the start number. Valid values: 0 to 999999. Default value: 0. bits: the digit. Valid values: 1 to 6. Default value: 6.
- name_suffix: the suffix of the hostname.
Duration This parameter is required if you set Billing Method to Subscription. Auto-renewal If you set Billing Method to Subscription, you can select Enable Auto-renewal. In this case, you cannot set the renewal cycle. If you select Enable Auto-renewal, the auto-renewal cycle is one month.Note You can change the auto-renewal cycle on the Renewal Management page after you enable auto-renewal for cloud desktops. For more information, see Renew a subscription cloud desktop.
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- On the page that appears, confirm the configurations of the cloud desktop and click Create Order.
- If you set Billing Method to Subscription, follow on-screen instructions to complete the payment.