Desktop templates are classified into system templates and custom templates. Alibaba Cloud provides system templates. You can also create custom templates based on your business requirements. You can save the configurations of cloud desktops that you frequently use as custom desktop templates. You can use the custom desktop templates to create cloud desktops with identical configurations. This topic describes how to create a custom desktop template.
- Desktop type: vCPUs, memory, and GPUs. GPUs are optional.
- Disk: the system disks and data disks.
- Image: the OS and related configuration data.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Templates page, click Create Desktop Template.
- In the Create Desktop Template panel, perform the following operations:
- Specify the template name and the template description.
- Select a desktop type.
- Specify the sizes of the system disk and the data disk. Take note of the following items:
- Cloud desktops of the General Office type use standard SSDs. Cloud desktops of non-General Office types, including High Frequency or Graphics, use enhanced SSDs (ESSDs), and support performance level (PL) settings. For more information about the differences of ESSDs at different PLs, see ESSDs.
- The disk size must be a multiple of 10. You can set the data disk size to 0, which indicates that no data disks are attached. For more information, see Cloud desktop types.
- Select a system image or custom image. The initial environment of a cloud desktop is based on the image used by the cloud desktop. Cloud desktops support the images that run Windows and Linux. For more information, see Image overview.
- Click Create.