If you want to create a policy whose configuration is similar to an existing policy, we recommend that you clone the existing policy and then modify the new policy. This topic describes how to clone a policy.
The policy to be cloned is a custom policy.
System polices cannot be cloned.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policy Management.
- On the Policy Management page, find the policy that you want to clone and click Clone in the Actions column.
- In the Policy Clone dialog box, enter a name for the new policy.
- Click OK. After the policy is cloned, you can view the new policy in the policy list.
What to do next
You can modify some parameters of the new policy and apply the policy to existing or new cloud desktops. For more information, see Modify a policy, Create a cloud desktop, or Change the policy associated with a cloud desktop.