If an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is in a state in which it cannot provide services, such as the Stopped state, you must start the instance first before you can use it. This topic describes how to start an instance in the ECS console.
- The instance is in the Stopped state.
- The instance is a pay-as-you-go instance that entered the Expired state due to an overdue payment. The overdue payment is settled but the instance cannot be automatically reactivated.
If you have settled an overdue payment that caused a pay-as-you-go instance to stop but the instance cannot be automatically reactivated, the instance will still be released. You must manually reactivate the instance in a timely manner to prevent the instance from being released and affecting your business. For more information, see Pay-as-you-go.
The instance may fail to be manually reactivated if resources for the instance type are insufficient. Change the instance type. For more information, see Change the instance type of a pay-as-you-go instance. If the problem persists, submit a ticket.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Start instances.
- To start a single instance, find the instance and choose Actions column. in the
- To start multiple instances at a time, select the instances that you want to start and click Start in the lower part of the Instances page.
- In the Start Instance dialog box, confirm the instance information and click OK.