This topic describes how to manually release an immediate capacity reservation whose Expiration Method is Manual Release.
Capacity reservations are used only to reserve resources. When a capacity reservation is released, the instances created from the reserved resources are not affected and continue to run properly.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the upper part of the Resource Assurance page, click the Capacity Reservation tab.
- Find the capacity reservation that you want to release and click Release in the Actions column.
- Click OK.