This topic describes how to modify security group rules. Improper configurations of security group rules may cause serious security risks. You can modify improper rules in a security group to ensure the network security of instances within the security group.
Security group rules that do not limit traffic on certain points may be exposed to serious security risks. You can modify security group rules to ensure the network security of instances.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the security group whose rules you want to modify, and then click Add Rules in the Actions column.
- Select a direction of security group rules.
- If the security group is of the VPC type, select Inbound or Outbound.
- If the security group is of the classic network type, select Internal Network Ingress, Internal Network Egress, Internet Ingress, or Internet Egress.
- Find the security group rules that you want to modify and click Modify in the Actions column.
- After you modify security group rules, click OK.