This topic describes the billing methods of Elastic Block Storage (EBS) devices and provides examples on how to calculate their fees.
EBS devices are classified into cloud disks and local disks.
- Cloud disks: Cloud disks include enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) and standard SSDs. You are
charged for cloud disks based on their unit price, capacity, and use duration.
The prices of cloud disks of the same category may vary with regions. You can go to the Pricing tab of the Elastic Compute Service product page and click the Storage tab to view the prices of cloud disks in different regions.
- Local disks: Local disks must be created together with instances and cannot be separately
purchased. The prices of local disks are included in the prices of instance types.
For information about instance families equipped with local disks, see Instance family.
|Billing method||Billing rule||References|
|Subscription||Price = Cloud disk capacity × Unit price of a cloud disk × Subscription duration||Subscription|
|Pay-as-you-go||Price = Cloud disk capacity × Unit price of a cloud disk × Billing duration||Pay-as-you-go|
|SCU||Storage capacity units (SCUs) are subscription storage resource plans that automatically match pay-as-you-go cloud disks to offset their bills.||Storage capacity units|
- Cloud disks that are created along with an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance use the same billing method as the ECS instance.
- If a cloud disk is created for a subscription instance and attached to the instance, the billing method of the cloud disk can be subscription or pay-as-you-go. If a cloud disk is created for a pay-as-you-go instance and attached to the instance, the billing method of the cloud disk can only be pay-as-you-go.
- If a cloud disk is separately created and not attached to an instance, the billing method of the cloud disk can only be pay-as-you-go.
- System disk: a PL0 ESSD with a capacity of 50 GiB
- Data disk: a PL1 ESSD with a capacity of 100 GiB
|Billing method||Billing condition||Price (USD)|
The billing methods of cloud disks can be changed from subscription to pay-as-you-go or from pay-as-you-go to subscription. For more information, see Change the billing method of a disk.