If you are experiencing problems when you use cloud resources in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console, you can submit information to the automatic diagnosis system for troubleshooting.
- Simplified submission with near instantaneous feedback.
- Intelligent processing that returns diagnostic results within seconds.
- Extended support. The problems that cannot be handled by intelligent processing are immediately forwarded to Alibaba Cloud technical support personnel. This improves the overall efficiency of problem handling.
- You can access the automatic diagnosis system only in the ECS console.
- Each account can have up to 20 diagnostic records in the Pending state per region. You can submit new diagnostic requests in a region only when less than 20 diagnostic records are in the Pending state in that region.
- You can view the diagnostic records of the last 30 days on the Troubleshooting page in the ECS console.
In this topic, an upgrade operation on a subscription instance is used to describe how to use the automatic diagnosis system. The upgrade operation failed because you have unpaid orders. An Error message is returned. You can use the automatic diagnosis system to troubleshoot the error. For more information about how to upgrade the instance types of subscription instances, see Upgrade the instance types of subscription instances.
Step 1: Submit an automatic diagnostic request
To submit an automatic diagnostic request, perform the following operations:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the subscription instance whose instance type you want to upgrade and click Upgrade/Downgrade in the Actions column.
- In the Upgrade/Downgrade Wizard dialog box, select Upgrade and click Continue.
- On the Upgrade page, select a new instance type, set the Restart At parameter, and then select ECS Service Terms. Then, click Create Order.
- Do not pay for the order. Upgrade the subscription instance again.
- In the Note message, click Continue Order.
- In the Error message, click Auto Diagnose.
Step 2: View the solution
To view the recommended solution to the problem, perform the following operations:
- After your automatic diagnostic request is submitted, click Diagnostic Details.
- On the Operation Exception Diagnosis tab, find your diagnostic record and view its details. Processed is displayed in the Status column corresponding to the record.
- Click View Solutions in the Actions column to view the error cause and recommended solution.
Step 3: Submit feedback on the solution
To submit feedback on the recommended solution, perform the following operations:
- Optional: In the View Solutions dialog box, enter your feedback about this diagnosis in the text box.
- If you think the solution is helpful, click Solved. If you do not think the solution is helpful, click Unsolved.
- Click OK.