Disclaimer: This topic may contain information about third-party products. The information is for reference only. Alibaba Cloud does not make a guarantee in any form of the performance and reliability of the third-party products, and potential impacts of operations on these products.
A Windows instance uses IIS as a Web service for a Web site, and a "500 -internal server error" appears when accessing it. This error report does not output specific error items, which brings some difficulties to troubleshooting. This topic describes how to display real errors of a program to analyze website errors.
Take note of the following items:
- Before you perform high-risk operations such as modifying the specifications or data of an Alibaba Cloud instance, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instance to ensure data security.
- Before you modify the specifications or data of an Alibaba Cloud instance, such as an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance or an ApsaraDB RDS instance, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable backups for the instance. For example, you can enable log backups for an ApsaraDB RDS instance.
- If you have granted specific users the permissions on sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords, or submitted sensitive information in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify the sensitive information at the earliest opportunity.
- Log on to a Windows instance. For more information about how to log on to a Windows instance, see Connect to a Windows instance from a local client.
- In the menu bar, choose Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Service(IIS) Manager.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Websites, and then click the error site. Find and click Error Page.
- Click Edit Feature Settings in the Actions column.
- In the Edit Error Page Settings dialog box that appears, select Detailed Error and click OK.
- Open the website and press the Ctrl + F5 key to force the browser to refresh. Confirm that you can see the real error message when revisiting.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS)