This topic describes the billing rules for pay-by-data-transfer elastic IP address (EIP) bandwidth plans.
Pay-by-data-transfer EIP bandwidth plans are billed based on the following rules:
- Fees are calculated and bills are generated on an hourly basis. If you own an EIP bandwidth plan for less than 1 hour, the usage duration is rounded up to 1 hour.
- You are charged for the cumulative outbound data transfer of an EIP bandwidth plan. You are not charged for inbound data transfer. Outbound data transfer refers to the data transfer from Alibaba Cloud data centers to the Internet.
Fees of a pay-by-data-transfer EIP bandwidth plan in a billing cycle = Unit price of data transfer (USD /GB) × Amount of data transfer usage (GB)
Note We recommend that you set the maximum bandwidth of an EIP bandwidth plan based on your business requirements to prevent unexpected data transfer charges caused by malicious requests or program errors.
Unit prices of data transfer
The following table describes the unit prices of data transfer in different regions.
Note The prices and regions described in the following table are for reference only. The actual prices on the buy page shall prevail.
|Area||Region||Unit price (USD/GB)|
|China||China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Heyuan), China (Guangzhou), China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Ulanqab), and China (Chengdu)||0.123|
|China (Hong Kong)||0.153|
|Asia Pacific||Singapore, Philippines (Manila), and Thailand (Bangkok)||0.081|
|South Korea (Seoul)||0.123|
|Indonesia (Jakarta) and India (Mumbai)||0.09|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||0.077|
|Europe and Americas||US (Silicon Valley)||0.077|
|Germany (Frankfurt) and UK (London)||0.07|
|Middle East||UAE (Dubai)||0.153|
Overdue payments and top-ups
If the balance (including cash, vouchers, coupons, and preauthorized debits) in your Alibaba Cloud account is insufficient to settle an outstanding bill, your account has an overdue payment.
If the payment becomes overdue for a pay-by-data-transfer EIP bandwidth plan, take note of the following rules:
- The EIP bandwidth plan can still provide services within 15 days after the payment becomes overdue.
- If the outstanding bill is not settled 15 days after the payment becomes overdue, the EIP bandwidth plan is suspended and retained for 15 days. During the suspension period, the bandwidth of the EIP bandwidth plan is limited to 1 Kbit/s. No EIP is disassociated from the EIP bandwidth plan.
- If the outstanding bill is not settled 15 days after the EIP bandwidth plan is suspended, the EIP bandwidth plan is released. The EIPs that are associated with the EIP bandwidth plan are disassociated. The maximum bandwidth and the billing methods of the EIPs are restored to the previous values.
Before you top up your account balance, take note of the following rules:
- If you top up your account balance within 15 days after the payment becomes overdue, the EIP bandwidth plan is not suspended.
- If you top up your account balance within 30 days after the payment becomes overdue, the EIP bandwidth plan is not released and the system automatically settles the outstanding bill with your account balance. After the outstanding bill is settled, the EIP bandwidth plan resumes services.