If you no longer require Security Center to protect your server, you can uninstall the Security Center agent from your server in the Security Center console. After you uninstall the agent, Security Center no longer protects your server. This topic describes how to uninstall the Security Center agent in the Security Center console.
Before you uninstall the Security Center agent, you must take note of the following information:
- You can uninstall the agent in the Security Center console. You can also uninstall the agent directly from your server. For example, you can use an administrator account and an application to uninstall the agent from a server. Before you can uninstall the agent from your server, you must disable the client protection feature for your server. For more information about how to disable client protection, see Client protection.
- After you uninstall the agent, the alert data and Security Center configurations of your server are released. If you reinstall the agent, the historical alert data and quarantined files are not associated with your server. Proceed with caution.
- After you uninstall the agent, the protection status of your server changes to unprotected, but the historical information about the server is retained in the Security Center console. If your server is not deployed on Alibaba Cloud and the Security Center agent is offline, you can unbind your server from the agent. For more information, see Unbind a server not deployed on Alibaba Cloud from Security Center.
- Before you use the method described in this topic to uninstall the agent, make sure
that your server is connected to the Security Center server. If your server is not
connected to the Security Center server, you cannot uninstall the agent.
Notice If you want to reinstall the agent, install it 24 hours later. If you want to reinstall the agent within 24 hours after you uninstall it, you must run the installation command more than three times and ignore error messages during the installation. Otherwise, the reinstalled agent is automatically uninstalled.
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Agent tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the Agent tab, click Uninstall Client.
- In the Uninstall Agent panel, specify the server from which you want to uninstall the agent and click Confirm. You can enter the server name or IP address to search for the server from which you want to uninstall the agent. In this case, you can uninstall the agent from only one server at a time.The system automatically uninstalls the agent from the specified server.Note In most cases, the agent status changes from Enable to Close a few minutes after the agent is uninstalled. The agent status may also take up to three hours to change.