This topic describes how to manage the plug-in for apsaradb RDS for PPAS instances.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted security information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
The RDS PPAS instance does not open the superuser. To solve the plug-in problem, RDS creates a plug-in management function rds_manage_extension in the template1 database.
- You can use the templates when creating a database, as shown in the following SQL statement.
create database mydb template template1;
- Use the privileged user to log on to the database. You can use the following SQL statement to create and delete external plug-ins.
select rds_manage_extension('create','dblink'); select rds_manage_extension('drop','dblink');
The following table lists plug-ins that support data management.
|Supported plugins||Supported plugins|
- ApsaraDB RDS for PPAS