Disclaimer: This article may contain information about third-party products. Such information is for reference only. Alibaba Cloud does not make any guarantee, express or implied, with respect to the performance and reliability of third-party products, as well as potential impacts of operations on the products.
When you remotely log on to an ECS instance that runs Windows 2008, the following error message is displayed:
A policy that does not allow members of the administrator Group to log on is set in the local security policy.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- If you modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to ECS and RDS instances, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted security information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
- Remote connectionlog on to the Windows instance.
- Select start, click run, enter secpol.msc in the text box, and click OK.
- Go to the local security policy page and select local security policy. > User permission allocation, double-click deny logon through Remote Desktop Services.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the administrators group, click delete, and then click confirm to save the configuration.
- Select start, click run, enter cmd in the open box, and click OK.
- Open the command line and run the following command to update the policy.
- Reconnect to the instance.