You need to evaluate whether technical and cost requirements are met before you migrate metadata. This topic describes how to evaluate a migration task that you created. Technical evaluation helps you determine whether the environment conditions, such as the client, for the open source RocketMQ cluster meet your requirements. You can also obtain information about features that are supported after the migration. Cost estimation helps you select the optimal destination Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ instance.
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Migration to Cloud.
- On the Migration to Cloud page, find the required migration task and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the Migration Assessment step, click the Technical Evaluation tab and read and specify values for all evaluation items.
The following table describes the items involved in the technical evaluation of the migration task.
- Click Next to complete the technical evaluation of the migration task.
- Follow Step 5 to perform the cost estimation of the migration task.
Table 1. Technical evaluation items Category Item Description Confirmation of Client Version SDK for Java If your open source RocketMQ client uses the SDK for Java, make sure that the SDK version is 4.9.0 or later. SDK for C++ If your open source RocketMQ client uses the SDK for C++, make sure that the SDK version is 2.0.1 or later. Spring Cloud Alibaba If your open source RocketMQ client uses Spring Cloud Alibaba, make sure that the SDK has been upgraded to the latest version. Feature Confirmation Scheduled message The delivery time of scheduled messages can be specified on the cloud and is accurate to seconds. We recommend that you set the delivery time in Alibaba Cloud Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ. For more information, see Scheduled messages and delayed messages. API for pulling messages Message pulling is supported only for Enterprise Platinum Edition instances of Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ. If your application requires this feature, select a Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ instance of Enterprise Platinum Edition as the destination instance for migration. For more information, see Subscribe to messages. Quota Limits in the Cloud Message size
Note The size of attributes for a message cannot exceed 16 KB for all message types.
- A normal message or ordered message: 4 MB
- A transactional message, scheduled message, or delayed message: 64 KB
Message retention period Messages can be retained for a maximum of three days. Delay duration of scheduled or delayed messages Messages can be delayed for a maximum of 40 days.
- Optional. In the Migration Assessment step, click the Cost Evaluation tab. Set the parameters based on your business volume of messages and click Next to complete the cost estimation. The following list describes the required parameters for cost estimation:
The costs for Standard Edition instances and Enterprise Platinum Edition instances are displayed after you set the required parameters. You can select the type of instance with the specifications and features that meet your requirements. For more information about differences between the two instance editions, see Instance editions.Note The estimated costs are for reference only. You can view the expenses that are generated for the migration task in User Center.View spending details.
- Number of Topics: the number of topics that you need to create.
- Number of Messages Produced per Day: the total number of messages produced per day.
- Number of Messages Consumed per Day: the total number of messages consumed per day.
- Peak TPS for Production: the maximum number of messages that can be sent per second.
- Peak TPS for Consumption: the maximum number of messages that can be consumed per second.