You can use a single field or a combination of several fields to query resources that you have permissions to access in a resource group.
- Resource group: You can use this field to query resources in a resource group.
- Service: You can use this field to query the resources of an Alibaba Cloud service.
- Resource type: You can use this field to query the resources of a specific type.
For more information about the supported resource types, see the Resource type column in Alibaba Cloud services that support resource groups.
- Region: You can use this field to query resources that reside in a specific region.
- Resource ID: You can use this field to query the resource indicated by an ID.
- Resource metadata: You can use this field to query a resource based on its name, IP
address, or tags.
The Resource Meta Center (RMC) service allows you to use resource metadata to query resources that belong to different resource groups, are used by different Alibaba Cloud services, or are of different types. The metadata includes resource names, IP addresses, and tags. The types of resource metadata that you can use to query resources vary based on Alibaba Cloud services. For more information, see the Resource metadata column in Alibaba Cloud services that support resource groups.
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Resource Group.
- On the Resource Group page, find the resource group whose resources you want to query and click the name of the resource group.
- On the page that appears, click the Resources tab.
- Optional:Grant permissions to RMC if this is the first time that you use the resource metadata-based
- In the upper part of the Resources tab, click Enable to grant the required permissions to RMC.
- In the Resource Meta Center Authorization message, click OK. The system automatically creates the service-linked role AliyunServiceRoleForResourceMetaCenter for RMC. This way, RMC is authorized to query the metadata of Alibaba Cloud services. During the authorization, RMC obtains resource metadata. After the metadata is obtained, you can use the resource metadata-based search feature to query the desired resources. The time that is required for RMC to obtain resource metadata depends on the number of resources within your account. You may need to wait for a few minutes or hours before the authorization is complete. You need to authorize RMC only once. For more information about the service-linked role AliyunServiceRoleForResourceMetaCenter, see Service-linked role for RMC.Note If the metadata of a resource is modified, the modification is synchronized to RMC about 2 minutes later. Therefore, you must wait for about 2 minutes before you can use the new resource metadata to query the resource.
- Configure filter conditions and click the icon.
- Query the resources that you have permissions to access in the resource group.
You can query the resources that belong to different resource groups within your Alibaba Cloud account and that you have permissions to access. For more information, see Query resources that belong to different resource groups.