Compute Nest is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) that provides centralized service management for service providers and their customers. Service providers such as Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), IT service providers, delivery service providers, and O&M service providers can deploy, deliver, and manage services in the Compute Nest console. Customers can manage the services that are subscribed from their service providers in the Compute Nest console.
Compute Nest provides the following benefits for service providers and customers:
- Service providers: Compute Nest is a platform that provides quick and simple operations for service providers to publish and manage services. Compute Nest integrates multiple underlying Alibaba Cloud capabilities, including automatic delivery and smart fault detection. This way, Compute Nest helps service providers improve service delivery efficiency, management efficiency, and service reliability. Service providers can use Compute Nest to provide better services and reduce O&M costs.
- Customers: Compute Nest is a platform that provides centralized service management capabilities. Customers can use Compute Nest to manage services such as software services in a simplified and secure manner. Compute Nest simplifies the operations that customers perform to use services and improves service security. This helps improve efficiency and reduce management costs.
Compute Nest provides the following features for service providers and customers:
- Service providers: Compute Nest allows service providers to manage service lifecycle.
The lifecycle includes multiple stages, such as service creation, service delivery,
service management, and service operations. Functional modules of Compute Nest are
separated. You can manage different stages by using different functional modules based
on your requirements.
The following flowchart shows the lifecycle of the services that are provided by service providers.
Service providers can perform the following operations to manage services:
- Create services: Compute Nest provides service providers with the standards that they need to follow to create services. The services can be used to provide capabilities that help customers deliver, maintain, and monitor resources.
- Publish and manage services: After services are published, service providers can manage the lifecycle for the services and Alibaba Cloud users can subscribe to the services in the Compute Nest console.
- Manage customers: If service providers have the permissions on customer management, the service providers can manage their customers in the Compute Nest console.
- Customers: Compute Nest provides customers with the standards that they need to follow
to purchase, subscribe to, and manage services. Customers can subscribe to services
that are provided by different service providers.
The following flowchart shows the lifecycle of the services that are used by customers.
The following flowchart shows the operations that service providers and customers perform on Compute Nest services.
Compute Nest can be used in scenarios where service providers deploy services, deliver the services to customers, and implement O&M for the services that are used by the customers.
During the public preview, the operations that you perform on services in the Compute Nest console are free of charge. After the public preview ends, Alibaba Cloud will announce the billing schedule for Compute Nest on the Alibaba Cloud official website.
If Compute Nest services are associated with Alibaba Cloud Marketplace products or require you to create cloud resources, you are charged for the associated products and resources. For more information about the pricing for each cloud resource, see the documentation of the resource.
- The Compute Nest console for customers: Customers can log on to the console to subscribe to and manage services.
- The Compute Nest console for service providers: Before service providers manage services in the console, they must join Alibaba Cloud Partner Network (ACPN), and must be authorized to use Compute Nest.