This topic describes how to delete a stack.
- Make sure that the stack you want to delete is not in the process of an operation such as create or update.
- If you use a Resource Access Management (RAM) user to delete a stack, make sure that the RAM user has the AliyunROSFullAccess permission. For more information, see Grant permissions to a RAM user.
- Log on to the Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) console .
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your stack resides from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, click Delete in the Actions column corresponding to the stack that you want to delete.
- In the Delete Stack dialog box, set RAM Role.
- If you specify a RAM role, ROS uses the RAM role to delete the stack.
- If you do not specify a RAM role, ROS uses the current account to delete the stack.
- In the Delete Stack dialog box, set Method to Delete the Stack.
- Retain Resources: retains stack resources when the stack is deleted. You must select a resource item to be retained from the Resource Item drop-down list.
- Release Resources: releases stack resources when the stack is deleted. Proceed with caution.
- Click OK.