Data Modeling allows you to create modifiers in a data domain. Modifiers define the business scope of statistics and modify data in a data domain from different dimensions. For example, in the derived metric sales volume of fresh shops in Shanghai, Shanghai and fresh shops are modifiers.
fresh shopsare modifiers. An atomic metric, a period, and one or more modifiers constitute a derived metric that reflects the status of a business activity of an enterprise. For more information about derived metrics, see Derived metric.
Create a modifier
- Go to the Dimensional Modeling page.
- In the top navigation bar of the Dimensional Modeling page, click Data Metric. In the left-side navigation pane of the Data Metric page, click Modifier to go to the Modifier page.
- Create a modifier.
- Select a data domain. Modifiers are created in data domains. In the left-side navigation tree of the Modifier page, all data domains created in the current workspace are displayed. You can select a data domain based on your business activity and create modifiers in the data domain.Note If you want to modify the name of a data domain that is in the left-side navigation tree, go to the Data Domain page, find the data domain, and click Edit to modify the name. For more information, see Data domain.
- Click the icon to create a modifier. You can also move the pointer over the desired data domain and click the icon. The modifiers that are created in the data domain are displayed. You can click Create to create a modifier.
- Select a data domain.
- Configure basic information for the modifier.
Parameter Description Data Domain The data domain to which the modifier belongs. Abbreviation The abbreviation of the modifier name.
The abbreviation is the unique identifier of the modifier and cannot be modified after you create the modifier. Example: shop_type_fresh.
The abbreviation can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a lowercase letter.
Name The name of the modifier. Example: shop type of fresh.
The name can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and ampersands (&) and must start with a letter or digit.
Display Name The display name of the modifier. Example: fresh shop.
The display name can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), ampersands (&), and parentheses () and must start with a letter or digit.
Effective Scope The effective scope of the modifier. The effective scope defines the scope of the business activity on which statistics are collected. Example: fresh shops. Description The description of the modifier.
- Click Save in the upper-left corner of the page. The modifier is created.