You can import multiple tables from your on-premises machine to DataWorks Dimensional Modeling by using an Excel file or export a table from DataWorks Dimensional Modeling to your on-premises data warehouse. This topic describes how to import tables to Dimensional Modeling and export a table from Dimensional Modeling.
This section describes how to import tables from your on-premises machine to Dimensional Modeling by using an Excel file.
- Go to the Dimensional Modeling page. On the Dimensional Modeling page, move the pointer over or click the icon and select Import from Excel.
- In the Import dialog box, configure Import Mode and click Select File to upload the file that contains the data of the tables you
want to import. Then, click OK. Note You can also click Download Template to download the template provided by the system, enter the required information in the template file, and then upload the file.
- View the import results. After the import is complete, the system displays the number
of tables that are imported and the number of tables that failed to be imported. You
can click Completed or Re-import. You can view the tables that are imported to Dimensional Modeling in the left-side
navigation tree of the Dimensional Modeling page.
Export a table
This section describes how to export a table from Dimensional Modeling as an SQL file or as code.
- In the left-side navigation tree of the Dimensional Modeling page, find the table that you want to export and double-click the table name.
- In the upper part of the configuration tab of the table, click Export DDL Statement and select a compute engine type. The following types of compute engines are supported: MaxCompute, Hologres, and Hive.
- In the dialog box that appears, view the statement that is used to create the table.
You can click Export File to export the statement as an SQL file or click Copy to copy the statement to the CLI of a compute engine for execution.