|Accelerated domain name
- Address length: The address of an origin server cannot exceed 67 characters in length.
- Maximum number of origin servers: You can set at most 20 origin server addresses for each accelerated domain name.
- OSS Domain Name
- If you use an Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket as the origin server, you can enter
the public endpoint of the OSS bucket, for example,
***.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyundoc.com. Internal endpoints of OSS buckets are not supported.
- To view the public endpoint of an OSS bucket, log on to the OSS console. You can also select the endpoint of an OSS bucket that belongs to the current Alibaba
Cloud account from the Domain Name drop-down list.
- IP: Enter the public IP addresses of one or more servers. Public IP addresses of Alibaba
Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances do not need to be reviewed.
- Site Domain: Enter the domain names of one or more origin servers.
- The origin domain name must be different from the accelerated domain name. If the
origin domain name is the same as the accelerated domain name, a DNS resolution loop
occurs, and requests cannot be redirected to the origin server.
- The domain name must be in lowercase letters.
- If the domain name contains Chinese characters such as 阿里云.网址, you must apply for
an ICP number for the domain name in Chinese characters, and use the tool Punycode
to convert the domain name to English letters, such as xn--fiq****.xn--eq****. Then,
you can specify it as the domain name to be accelerated.
- Function Compute Domain: Enter a Function Compute domain name that belongs to the current Alibaba Cloud account.
You must set the Region and Domain Name parameters for the Function Compute domain name. For more information, see Configure a custom domain name.
||CNAMEs that are assigned by Alibaba Cloud CDN, Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN), ApsaraVideo
Live, ApsaraVideo VOD, or Secure CDN (SCDN) are used only for domain name resolution.
If Alibaba Cloud discovers that your CNAME is used for malicious activities, Alibaba
Cloud reserves the right to close your Alibaba Cloud account and remove the domain
- Accelerated domain name
Each Alibaba Cloud account can add at most 50 domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN. If
the average daily peak bandwidth value exceeds 50 Mbit/s and your workloads are protected,
you can submit a ticket to add more domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN.
- Cache refresh
- URL refresh: 2,000 URLs per day for each Alibaba Cloud account.
- Directory refresh: 100 directories per day for each Alibaba Cloud account.
If the daily peak bandwidth value of your workloads exceeds 200 Mbit/s, you can submit a ticket to increase the upper limit. Alibaba Cloud will review your application and then
increase the quota accordingly.
- File prefetch
You can prefetch files only by using URLs. Each Alibaba Cloud account can submit at
most 500 URLs per day.
If the daily peak bandwidth value of your workloads exceeds 500 Mbit/s, you can submit a ticket to increase the upper limit. Alibaba Cloud will review your application and then
increase the quota accordingly.
Alibaba Cloud reviews the content of all accelerated domain names. Domain names that
cannot be accelerated by Alibaba Cloud CDN include but are not limited to:
- Websites whose content is inaccessible or does not provide valid information
- Servers that host pirated games
- Websites that provide multiplayer role-playing games and card games
- Websites that provide downloads of pirated software
- Websites that run peer-to-peer (P2P) lending
- Lottery websites
- Websites of unlicensed hospitals and pharmaceuticals
- Websites that contain pornography, drugs, and gambling content
- You are legally responsible for the content hosted on your accelerated domain name.
Alibaba Cloud CDN regularly reviews the content of accelerated domain names. If illicit
content is detected from a domain name, Alibaba Cloud CDN immediately disables or
blocks the domain name. If the violation is severe, Alibaba Cloud CDN may even permanently
block all domain names that belong to the Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you add a wildcard domain name, for example,
*.example.com, to Alibaba Cloud CDN and a specific domain name, for example,
a.example.com, that matches the wildcard domain name contains illicit content, Alibaba Cloud CDN
disables the wildcard domain name
- If a domain name fails the review, you can check the reason for rejection on the Domain
Names page in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. Then, you can modify the content based
on the rejection details and submit the domain name for review again.
- An HTTP request header cannot exceed 300 bytes.
- Timeout period
By default, the timeout period for back-to-origin requests that are transmitted over
TCP is 10 seconds. The timeout period for back-to-origin requests that are transmitted
over HTTP is 30 seconds.
- Response header
If an origin server does not respond to
Content-Type, Alibaba Cloud CDN automatically adds
- Automatic conversion from HEAD to GET for back-to-origin requests
By default, HEAD requests are sent to CDN edge nodes before the requests are redirected
to origin servers. In this case, HEAD requests are converted to GET requests. If you
do not want to convert HEAD requests to GET requests, you can navigate to the Custom
Request Header tab in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console, and configure custom HTTP headers
for back-to-origin requests. The following table describes the parameters of custom
HTTP headers. For more information, see Configure an HTTP header for back-to-origin requests.
||Based on the Alibaba Cloud International Website Product Terms of Service, if the metering method of your domain name is pay-by-data-transfer or pay-by-bandwidth
and the peak bandwidth value reaches 10 Gbit/s within 1 minute, Alibaba Cloud enables
bandwidth throttling for the domain name. Bandwidth throttling protects your domain
name from attacks and prevents unexpected high bills. If you want to disable bandwidth
throttling, you can contact Alibaba Cloud customer service or submit ticket.
||By default, you can configure only one script for each domain name. If you want to
configure more scripts, submit ticket.
If you want to run stress tests on a domain name that is accelerated by Alibaba Cloud
CDN, you must submit ticket
at least three days in advance. Otherwise, you may experience the following issues:
- Stress tests on bandwidth may cause bandwidth usage spikes and increase bandwidth
- Stress tests on the number of queries per second (QPS) may trigger HTTP flood protection
rules of Alibaba Cloud CDN and sandbox the domain name.
|Length of URLs and HTTP request headers, and total length of URLs and HTTP request
- If the default setting of the NGINX directive is http2_max_field_size=32KB, the length
of an individual HTTP request header or an individual URL cannot exceed 32 KB. Otherwise,
the HTTP 414 status code is returned.
- If the default setting of the NGINX directive is http2_max_header_size=128KB, the
total length of all HTTP request headers and URLs cannot exceed 128 KB. Otherwise,
the HTTP 400 status code is returned.
HTTP/1.1: For the large_client_header_buffers directive, number is set to 4 and size
is set to 64 KB. In this case, the length of an individual HTTP request header or
an individual URL cannot exceed 64 KB. Otherwise, the HTTP 414 status code is returned.
The total length of all HTTP request headers and URLs cannot exceed 256 KB. Otherwise,
the HTTP 400 status code is returned.
||Alibaba Cloud CDN supports the
HEAD request methods.
- If you want your website to support
PATCH requests, use DCDN to enable acceleration for dynamic content delivery.
PUT requests can carry a request body.
- By default, Alibaba Cloud CDN converts HEAD requests to GET requests before they are
redirected to the origin server. If you want to redirect HEAD requests to the origin
server, you can add a custom request header on the Custom Request Header tab in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. The following table describes how to add a
custom request header. For more information, see Configure an HTTP header for back-to-origin requests.
||You can add at most 50 configuration records, including the following features: Custom Request Header, Custom Response Headers, URI Rewrite, Parameter Rewrite, and Cache Expiration.
|Intelligent and Brotli compression
||Only files that are not smaller than 1 KB are compressed.
|API calls for each user
||The maximum number of times that each user can call Alibaba Cloud CDN API operations
is 1,000 per second. If this upper limit is reached, the following message is returned:
ErrorMessage:Request was denied due to flow control.