During data consumption, you can edit the consumption checkpoint of a change tracking task based on your business requirements. After you edit the consumption checkpoint, the downstream SDK client will consume the data that is generated after the specified time.
- A change tracking task is created. For more information, see Track data changes from a DRDS instance.
- The change tracking task is in the Normal or Error state.
To perform this operation, you must restart all downstream SDK consumption processes. We recommend that you perform this operation during off-peak hours to prevent service interruptions.
- Stop all downstream SDK consumption processes.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking.
- At the top of the Change Tracking Tasks page, select the region where the change tracking instance resides.
- Find the change tracking task, move the pointer over the Consumption Checkpoint column, and then click the icon.
- In the Edit Consumption Checkpoint dialog box, specify a new consumption checkpoint.
Note The selected time range must be within the time range of all tracked data changes. For more information, see the prompt in the dialog box.
- Click Edit.
- Restart the downstream SDK consumption processes.