ApsaraVideo Live supports mainstream digital rights management (DRM) encryption technologies in the industry. You can add and manage DRM certificates and enable DRM encryption in the ApsaraVideo Live console to protect the security of your copyrighted video content. This topic describes the features and benefits of DRM encryption and the limits on using DRM encryption.
- DRM encryption: ApsaraVideo Live supports Widevine and FairPlay DRM encryption.
- Certificate management: You can add and manage FairPlay Streaming certificates in the ApsaraVideo Live console.
- DRM-based playback: You can use ApsaraVideo Player to decrypt and play DRM-encrypted videos.
- Comprehensive features: ApsaraVideo Live allows you to manage DRM certificates, issue DRM licenses, encrypt videos based on DRM, and decrypt and play DRM-encrypted videos. You can use the features without the need to understand the architecture and implementation of DRM encryption.
- Cost efficiency: ApsaraVideo Live generates a single output file that supports both Widevine and FairPlay DRM encryption in each transcoding task. This reduces the transcoding costs. Your use of DRM encryption is charged in the pay-as-you-go billing method without minimum fees.
- High security, stability, and concurrency: ApsaraVideo Live ensures the secure storage of your copyrighted video content by using refined permission management and system security settings. In addition, the distributed service architecture meets high-concurrency requirements of your business.
|DRM encryption technology||Mobile client||Supported browser|
|Widevine||Android||Chrome, Firefox 47 and later, Microsoft Edge, and Opera|