This topic describes how to view ECS instances that have been added to a scaling group.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details page
of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Details in the Actions column.
- In the upper part of the page, click the Instances tab.
- View the ECS instances.
- The Auto Created tab shows ECS instances that are automatically created by Auto Scaling. You can change the status of an instance, remove it from the scaling group, or release it. If an automatically created instance is considered unhealthy, the instance is removed from the scaling group and released.
- The Manually Added tab shows ECS instances that are manually added to the scaling group. You can change
the status of an instance or remove it from the scaling group. If a manually added
instance is not in the Running state, the instance is considered unhealthy and removed from the scaling group. Whether
manually added ECS instances are released when they are removed from a scaling group
depends on their management mode:
- If the lifecycle of the instances is not managed by the scaling group, the instances are removed from the scaling group but not released.
- If the lifecycle of the instances is managed by the scaling group, the instances are removed from the scaling group and released.