The security protection feature provides antivirus and vulnerability detection and fixing for all cloud desktops within a specific region to ensure security. This topic describes how to enable security protection.
Detects and removes common trojan viruses, ransomware, mining viruses, and DDoS trojans.
- Vulnerability detection and fixing
Detects and fixes common vulnerabilities, including Windows system vulnerabilities and Linux software vulnerabilities.
The security protection feature is now in public preview for free trial.
Enable security protection
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Security Protection page, click Try it now. After you click Try it now, security protection is enabled for all cloud desktops within all workspaces in the region.
Scan for viruses
After security protection is enabled, the system scans your cloud desktops for viruses once every day. You can also manually trigger scanning based on your needs. Perform the following steps:
- On the Security Protection page, click Scan now in the Virus defense section.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a workspace and click OK. The system scans all cloud desktops within the selected workspace for viruses.
Scan for system vulnerabilities
After security protection is enabled, the system scans your cloud desktops for vulnerabilities once every day. The vulnerabilities can be Windows system vulnerabilities or Linux software vulnerabilities, depending on the operating systems of your cloud desktops.