If the configurations of a cloud desktop in Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) cannot meet your business requirements, you can change the configurations. For example, you can change the configurations, including vCPUs, memory size, and disk size. This topic describes how to change the configurations of a cloud desktop.
- Desktop types include specifications such as vCPUs, memory, and GPUs. You can change
only a cloud desktop type instead of a specification. You cannot change a cloud desktop
from the General Office type to a non-General Office type, or from a non-General Office
type to the General Office type.
Note You can only upgrade cloud desktops instead of downgrading cloud desktops.
- You can only expand the sizes of system and data disks by scale-up. These disks cannot be scaled down.
- If the cloud desktop uses the subscription billing method, the price difference is calculated based on the price before and after the change. You may receive a refund or have to make up the price difference.
- We recommend that you wait at least 5 minutes between consecutive desktop type changes on the same cloud desktop.
For more information about the cloud desktop types and the disk sizes, see Cloud desktop types.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, find the cloud desktop whose configurations you want to change, click More in the Actions column, and then click Change Configurations.
- In the Change Configurations panel, change the cloud desktop type and resize disks based on your business requirements.
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Modify.
- Start the cloud desktop and check whether the new configurations take effect.