This topic describes how to connect to a cloud desktop from an Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) client.
A cloud desktop is created in a workspace, and the cloud desktop is assigned to a convenience user. For more information, see Create a cloud desktop.
Step 1: Obtain the information required to download a client and log on to a cloud desktop
After you create a cloud desktop and assign the cloud desktop to a convenience user, the system sends an email about usage notes to the email address of the convenient user. The email contains the link to download the EDS client, the logon information such as the workspace ID, network access method, username, initial password, and usage notes.
You can connect to a cloud desktop by using a software client, browser client, hardware client, or mobile client based on your business requirements. To download the client, click the link in the email,or go to the Download Alibaba Cloud Workspace Client page.
Step 2: Log on to the client and connect to the cloud desktop
To log on to the client and connect to the cloud desktop, perform the following operations. In this example, the software client on a Windows server is used.
- Download and install the client on your computer.
- Double-click the icon to open the client.
- In the Configuration step, enter the workspace ID, select a network access mode, and then click Next. The network access method remains the default value. If you do not select Use VPC tunnel, the client connects to your cloud desktop over the Internet.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the obtained username and initial password,
and click Next.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter a new password and click Submit. The first time you log on to the EDS client, you must follow the on-screen instructions to change the initial password. This step is not required the next time you log on to the client.
- Select the cloud desktop in the Running state and click Connect.