This topic describes how to create a cloud desktop in a workspace and how to assign the cloud desktop to a convenience user.
The following information describes how to create a pay-as-you-go cloud desktop. For some parameters, the minimum or default values are used. For more information, see Create a cloud desktop.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Create Cloud Desktop.
- On the page that appears, configure the parameters for the cloud desktop. The following table describes the parameters of the cloud desktop.
Parameter Description Example Billing Method Select a billing method for the cloud desktop. Valid values:
- Subscription: a billing method that requires you to pay for the cloud desktop before you use it. This method is more cost-effective and allows you to reserve resources in advance.
- Pay-as-you-go: a billing method that allows you to pay for the cloud desktop after you use it. You are charged based on the usage duration.
For more information, see Billing overview.
Pay-as-you-go Name Enter a name for the cloud desktop. test-win001 Workspace Select a workspace in which you want to create the cloud desktop. test Number of desktops purchased/User Select Specify Per-user Quantity and click Select Authorized Users. In the dialog box that appears, select the convenience users to whom you want to assign desktops. Alice Security Policy Select a security policy. For more information, see Policy overview. system-all-enabled-policy Desktop Templates Select a desktop template. The template contains configurations such as vCPUs, memory, GPUs, and sizes of the system disk and data disk. General Office - 2 Cores 2 GB Memory Windows server 2019 64-bit (2 vCPUs, 4 GiB memory, 80 GiB system disk, and 50 GiB data disk)
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- On the page that appears, confirm the configurations of the cloud desktop and click Create Order.