You can use the data analysis feature to obtain the statistics about a data source. The statistics includes the total amount of data, total number of files, modification time of each file, access time of each file, proportions of file sizes, and top 5 file types. This topic describes how to use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to analyze a data source.
Analyze a data source
Use one of the following methods to enable the data analysis feature:
- Enable the data analysis feature
If Enable Data Source Analyze is turned on when you add a data source, you do not need to enable the feature. You can directly view the file distribution of the data source.
- Configure the data analysis feature
If Enable Data Source Analyze is not turned on when you add a data source, you must enable the feature.
- On the Analyze and Archive tab, choose next to the data source for which you want to configure the data analysis feature.
- In the Config Data Source Analyze Plan panel, configure a backup client group. Click Next.
You can add multiple clients to a client group to concurrently run a data analysis job. Select New Backup Client Group. Enter a client group name and add the required clients to the client group. You can also select an existing client group.
- The following table describes the parameters that you can specify in a data analysis
Parameter Description Enable Data Source Analyze Specifies whether to enable the data analysis feature. Meta Index Start Time Specifies the time when HBR starts to perform an index operation on metadata. Meta Index Interval Specifies the interval at which HBR performs index operations on metadata. Unit: days or weeks.
- Click Create.
- Immediately perform an index operation on metadata
You can perform an index operation on metadata at any time regardless of whether the specified start time is reached. On the Analyze and Archive tab, choose next to the data source whose metadata on which you want to perform an index operation.