This topic describes backup vaults and the operations that you can perform on backup vaults.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the Storage Vaults page of the HBR console, all backup vaults are displayed. You can view the following information about each backup vault: the type, number of backup plans, amount of backup data, creation time, and status. You can also perform the following operations on a backup vault:
Configure a tag for a backup vault
You can use tags to identify resources. You can also use tags to categorize HBR resources. This way, you can search and aggregate resources in an efficient manner.
You can create different tags for different backup vaults. For example, if you manage
teams or projects, you can create tags based on departments or projects, and then
use these tags to group your resources. For example, you can create a tag named
project:a for a project. This way, you can filter out a group of backup vaults based on the
tag when you manage backup vaults.
- Each tag consists of a key-value pair.
- A tag must be unique.
For example, the
company:atag is added to a backup vault. If you add the
company:btag to the backup vault, the company:a tag is replaced by the
- Tags are not shared across regions. For example, tags that are created in the China (Hangzhou) region are invisible to the China (Shanghai) region.
Item Limit The maximum length of a key 128 characters The maximum length of a value 128 characters The maximum number of custom tags that you can add to a resource 20 The key of a tag
- The key cannot start with
- The key cannot contain
- The key cannot be an empty string.
The value of a tag A tag value cannot contain
- The key cannot start with
- In the Tags column next to the name or the ID of the backup vault that you want to manage, click the icon.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Edit.
- In the Key and Value fields, enter the key-value pair of a tag and click Save. If you want to create more than one tags, click Add a row to specify the key-value pair of a new tag.
Create an image repository for a backup vault
Search backup vaults by tag
- You can search for a resource by using a key, as shown in the following example:
- You can search for a resource by using a key-value pair, as shown in the following
- You can search for a resource by using multiple key-value pairs, as shown in the following
What to do next
|Modify Backup Vault||In the Actions column of the backup vault that you want to manage, choose
. Then, configure the Vault Name, Backup Search, and Immutable Backup parameters.
|Alert Settings||In the Actions column of the backup vault that you want to manage, choose
. Then, configure an alert for the backup vault. By default, if a backup attempt fails
or a backup client is disconnected from HBR, alert notifications are sent to the owner
of an Alibaba Cloud account. The following notification methods are supported:
|Set Retention Time||In the Actions column of the backup vault that you want to manage, choose
. You can retain a backup vault for a specified retention period or for persistent
Notice Only backup vaults whose backup type is Database Backup or Archive support this operation. If you specify a retention period for a backup vault, the backup vault is deleted when the retention period expires.
|Delete||In the Actions column of the backup vault that you want to manage, choose
Notice After a backup vault is deleted, you cannot restore the backup vault. Proceed with caution.
|RAM Permission Policy||In the Actions column of the backup vault that you want to manage, choose
. You can grant permissions to a specified RAM user on a backup vault. These permissions
allow the RAM user only to back up or restore the backup vault.
In the Resource Access Management (RAM) console, copy the required policy template, paste the template to create a custom policy, and then attach the custom policy to a RAM user. For more information, see Create a custom policy.