This topic describes how to manage an alert monitoring rule. After you create an alert monitoring rule, you can view the status and other information about the rule. You can also modify and delete the alert monitoring rule.
View the information about an alert monitoring rule
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click the name of the project that you want to view.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Alerts.
- On the Alert Rules/Incidents tab, click the alert monitoring rule that you want to view.
- On the Alert Overview page, view information about the alert monitoring rule. The information includes
Dashboard, Created At, Last Updated At, Check Frequency, Status, and Monitoring Status.
You can also view charts in the Alert History Statistics section.
Modify an alert monitoring rule
On the Alert Overview page, you can click Modify Settings to modify an alert monitoring rule. The parameters that are displayed are the same as the parameters that are displayed when you create the alert monitoring rule. For more information, see Create an alert monitoring rule for logs.
Enable or disable an alert monitoring rule
Suspend or resume the alert notification feature of an alert monitoring rule
- If the alert notification feature of the alert monitoring rule is suspended, Log Service regularly checks data based on the rule. However, Log Service does not send alert notifications even if the trigger condition in the rule is met.
- If the alert notification feature of the alert monitoring rule is suspended, you can check the point in time at which the alert notification feature is resumed based on the Monitoring Status parameter. If you want to resume the alert notification feature before the time that is specified, click Modify to the right of the Monitoring Status parameter. In the message that appears, click OK.
Delete an alert monitoring rule
If you no longer require an alert monitoring rule, click Delete Alert on the Alert Overview page.