After you configure or modify a task flow, you must publish the latest task flow to an online environment. This effectively prevents the modified task flow from being published before the modifications to the task flow are confirmed.
A task flow is configured. For more information, see Configure a task flow.
Publish a task flow
- Create and connect task nodes in a task flow.
- Optional:Click Try Run. In the message that appears, click OK. The following table describes the three modes of a test run.
Test run mode Description Immediately run Click Try Run. Run at a Specific Point in Time Click the icon and select Run at a Specific Point in Time. In the Run at a Specific Point in Time dialog box, specify the date and point in time to run the task flow. Data Management (DMS) will run the task flow based on the date and point in time that you specify. Run at a Specific Time Range Click the icon and select Run at a Specific Time Range. In the Run at a Specific Time Range dialog box, set the Business Date and Scheduling Cycle parameters. DMS will run the task flow based on your configurations.Note Before you publish the task flow, your modifications to the task flow and test runs do not affect the existing task flow that is running in an online environment.
- Click Publish. You can also make multiple modifications to the task flow at a time and then publish the modified task flow.
- In the Publish dialog box, enter a description and click OK. The task flow is published to the online environment. DMS will run the task flow based on your scheduling configurations. For more information about how to configure scheduling properties, see Configure scheduling properties for the task flow.
Unpublish a task flow
When the business goes offline, you can unpublish or delete related task flows.
- Log on to the DMS console V5.0.
- In the top navigation bar, click DTS. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Data Development > Task Orchestration(Old). Note If you are using the previous version of the DMS console, move the pointer over the More icon in the top navigation bar and choose .
- On the left-side navigation submenu of the Task Orchestration(Old) page, click the icon.
- In the task flow list, double-click the task flow that you want to unpublish.
- Click Unpublish. In the message that appears, click OK. The task flow is unpublished and will no longer be run based on your scheduling configurations. However, the unpublished task flow remains in the task flow list.
- Optional:Delete the task flow from the task flow list.
- In the task flow list, find the task flow that you want to delete. Move the pointer over the icon to the right of the task flow name and select Delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.