Message Push Service (MPS) provides real-time statistics on the multiple-push and broadcast-push tasks that are created through MPS console or triggered by calling API to help you get the message push status.
- Log in to the mPaaS console, select the target app.
- Select Message Push Service on the left navigation pane, and then click the Push task list tab on the right to enter the task list page.
By default, the list displays all the multiple-push and broadcast-push tasks under the current app.
- The list displays the task ID, task name, template, and push type of each push task. Click the expand icon right to the task ID to view the message details:
- Task ID: The unique identifier of the push task, which is automatically generated by the system.
- Task name (API): If the push task is delivered through the MPS console, the task name is automatically generated by the system, usually named in the format “console + time”, for example, “Console Wed Mar 24 14:47: 23 CST 202”; if the task is triggered by calling an API, the task name is the name filled in by the caller.
- Push type: Multiple push or broadcast push.
- Pushed messages: Refers to the total number of messages pushed by message push backend, which is counted by the backend.
- Successfully pushed messages: Refers to the total number of messages successfully pushed by message push backend, which is counted by the backend.
- Arrivals: The number of messages that actually arrive the device. For iOS channel or Android third-party channels (such as Xiaomi and Huawei), the statistics relies on the result returned from the corresponding third-party channel’s backend after the messages are pushed to the third-party channels. For the Android self-built channel, the statistics relies on the tracking report after the messages are pushed the client.
- Duration: The time consumed for pushing the message.
Support searching for push tasks by task ID, task name and start time of pushing message.