You can unpublish published community images if you want to update them or stop maintaining them. This topic describes how to unpublish a community image in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
- After a community image is unpublished, it is no longer available to other Alibaba Cloud accounts. If the community image was shared to other Alibaba Cloud accounts before it is unpublished, the share relationship continues.
- If a community image is unpublished, the system disks of ECS instances created by using this community image cannot be re-initialized.
- Go to the Images page.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Custom Image tab, find the published community image that you want to unpublish. Move the pointer over the icon in the Actions column and click Unpublish Community Image.
- In the Unpublish Community Image message, confirm the image information and click OK. When the community image is unpublished, the The community image is unpublished. massage appears on the Images page.