Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up SQL databases deployed on ECS instances, you can perform a precheck to identify conditions that may cause backup failure.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Database Backup page, click the SQL Server tab.
- On the ECS Database Instance tab, find the SQL Server instance that you want to precheck, and click Precheck in the Actions column.
- On the Backup Precheck page, click Start Check. You can click View Last Precheck Result to view the result of the most recent backup precheck. The following table describes the check items of the precheck.
Check item Description OSS connectivity Checks whether the SQL Server instance is connected to an OSS bucket over a specified VPC. The SQL Server instance and the OSS bucket must reside in the same region. If the check fails, you cannot back up or recover the instance. Control network connectivity Checks whether the instance is connected to the control network. If the check fails, you cannot manage the database instance. Recovery model Checks the recovery model of the SQL database. If the check fails, you cannot back up incremental data or logs of the prompted database.Notice
- Databases that fail the checks support only the simple recovery model due to the limits of SQL Server. You cannot back up the logs of the databases.
- You can back up only full data of master databases. If the backup type for a master database is set to incremental backup or log backup, HBR automatically changes the backup type to full backup.
- For more information about how to change the recovery model, see the SQL Server documentation. For more information, see View or change the recovery model of SQL Server.
SQL Server Database Status Checks whether the SQL Server is online. If the check fails, you cannot back up or recover the prompted SQL Server databases.The precheck process requires about 1 minute. The following figure shows a complete precheck. If a check item fails the precheck, follow the on-screen instructions to check whether the failure affects the backup and recovery of the database.
- If the failure does not affect the backup and recovery of the database, the precheck is complete.
- Otherwise, you can read the description in the preceding table to fix the issue.