Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up an Oracle database, you can perform a precheck. This allows you to identify conditions that may cause backup failure.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Database Backup page, click the Oracle tab.
- On the ECS Database Instance tab, find the Oracle instance that you want to precheck, and click Precheck in the Actions column.
- In the Precheck dialog box, click Start Check. You can click View Last Precheck Result to view the result of the most recent backup precheck. The following table describes the check items of the precheck.
Check item Description OSS connectivity Checks whether the Oracle instance is connected to OSS over a specified VPC. The Oracle instance and OSS must reside in the same region. If the check fails, you cannot back up or recover the instance. Control network connectivity Checks whether the instance is connected to the control network. If the check fails, you cannot manage the database instance. Oracle instance status Checks whether the Oracle instance is in normal state. If the check fails, you cannot back up or recover Oracle databases that are deployed on the ECS instance. Oracle database status Checks whether the Oracle databases in the preceding instance is in normal state. If the check fails, you cannot back up or recover the prompted Oracle databases. Archive mode Checks whether the archive mode of the Oracle instance is normal. If the check fails, you cannot back up the Oracle databases that are deployed on the ECS instance. For more information about how to enable archive mode for Oracle databases, see Enable archive mode for an Oracle database.The precheck process requires about 1 minute. The following figure shows a complete precheck. If a check item fails the precheck, check whether the failure affects the backup and recovery of the database.
- If the failure does not affect the backup and recovery of the database, the precheck is complete.
- Otherwise, you can read the description in the preceding table to fix the issue.