Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up Oracle databases deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, you must register an Oracle instance in the HBR console.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Database Backup page, click the Oracle tab.
- On the ECS Database Instance tab, click Register Database Instance in the upper-right corner.
- In the Register Oracle database instance panel, select the database that you want to register and click OK. Note If you cannot find the database instance that you want to register, you can click Discover Database. Cloud Assistant automatically scans all database instances and discovers the database instances deployed on ECS.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK. After the Oracle instance is registered, HBR installs an HBR client for ECS on each node of the Oracle instance. On the ECS Database Instance tab, you can view the installation status of the backup client on each node of the Oracle instance. You can also upgrade an HBR client for ECS based on your business requirements.
What to do next
- Unregister an instance.
If you no longer need to back up an Oracle database, click the ECS Database Instance tab. Then, choose in the Actions column to the right of the Oracle database.
- Create a cluster.
If your Oracle database instances belong to a cluster, you must create another cluster that consists of your Oracle databases after you register the database instances. HBR backs up these database instances as a cluster to the same backup vault. On the ECS Database Instance tab, select a database instance. Click + Create Cluster, select the database instances that belong to the cluster, and click OK.