This topic describes how to connect to Data Lake Analytics (DLA) by using Power BI.
- Power BI is installed.
- MySQL Connector is installed.
- Start Power BI. On the Get Data page, choose in the left-side navigation pane, and click Connect.
- On the MySQL Database page, configure the parameters.
The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Server The endpoint of DLA. For more information about how to obtain the endpoint of DLA, see Connection overview.
Note In this topic, the port number of DLA is 10000. The default port number of the MySQL database, 3306, is not used. You can set this parameter based on your business requirements.
- If Power BI needs to access DLA over the Internet, set this parameter to the public endpoint of DLA.
- If Power BI is installed on an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance that is deployed in the same region as DLA, set this parameter to the virtual private cloud (VPC) endpoint of DLA. This makes DLA access faster and more secure.
Database The name of the database.
- Enter the username and password that are used to log on to DLA.
- After you configure the parameters, click OK.