ApsaraVideo VOD provides five-day and over-five-day money-back guarantees.
- Only the paid amount is refundable. Vouchers that were redeemed cannot be returned.
- If the license for the short video SDK is activated, the short video SDK cannot be refunded. After a resource plan is bound to the license for the short video SDK, the resource plan is considered used and cannot be refunded.
- If the general refund rules conflict with the activity rules, the activity rules take precedence. If a refund occurs, gifts such as vouchers and extended service periods are cleared.
- The following items list the refund rules of resource plans:
- When a resource plan is in use, you cannot unsubscribe from the resource plan.
- After a resource plan is used or expires, the remaining resources in the resource plan cannot be unsubscribed or refunded.
- If you do not consume the resources in a data transfer plan of ApsaraVideo VOD, you can unsubscribe from the data transfer plan within five days after subscription.
- If you do not consume the resources in a data transfer plan that is not provided by ApsaraVideo VOD, you can unsubscribe from the data transfer plan within seven days after subscription.
- For orders paid by using Alipay after March 29, 2019, refunds can be returned to your original payment account within 18 months (548 days) after the payment. However, the refund processing time varies based on banks and may not be 18 months. If the payment is refunded after 18 months or the refund fails to be returned to your Alipay account, the refund is returned to the balance of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- The refund fails to be returned to a specific payment channel in some cases. For example, the account is canceled, or the number of refunds exceeds the limit of the channel. In these cases, the refund is returned to the balance of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If a service is unsubscribed, the refund will be returned within two weekdays. If you have paid for the service by using vouchers, the payment of the vouchers cannot be refunded.
- For orders paid by using online banking, if refunds can be returned to the original payment account, refunds are returned within two to three weekdays based on the refund processing time of banks.
- If you purchase a large number of resource instances in a single order, Alibaba Cloud supports refunds based on a single resource instance. However, in this case, the number of refunds may exceed the refund limit of the payment channel. Alibaba Cloud combines multiple refunds for the same order within 2 minutes to a single refund request. This reduces failures caused if the number of refunds exceeds the refund limit of the payment channel.
Five-day money-back guarantee
- Log on to the user center in Alibaba Cloud console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Order Management > Refund.
- On the Unsubscribe page, click the Refund Applies tab to apply for a refund.
Seven-day money-back guarantee
ApsaraVideo VOD provides a seven-day money-back guarantee for ApsaraVideo VOD storage plans, transcoding plans, and review plans. If you want to apply for a refund for these types of services within seven days after the payment, submit a ticket. Seven days are 7 × 24 hours that start from the service activation time and include the service trial time.