This topic describes the billable items and billing methods of ApsaraVideo VOD.
You are charged for the basic services and value-added services of ApsaraVideo VOD. You can use resource plans to offset the amount of consumed resources. This billing method is more flexible and favorable. For more information, see Billing of basic services and Billing of value-added services.
- The following figure shows the billable items and the billing methods of basic services.
- The following figure shows the billable items and the billing methods of value-added services.
- Optional:Resource plans: Resource plans can be stacked to increase the usage limit.
You must purchase resource plans in advance. The resource plans are used to offset the amount of consumed resources. ApsaraVideo VOD provides data transfer plans, storage plans, and transcoding plans. For more information about supported regions and specifications of resource plans, visit the purchase page. For more information, see Resource plans.
For more information about refunds of resource plans, see Refunds.Note
- A resource plan does not cover all billable items. If you use a feature that is not included in the resource plan, you are charged for the resource based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. The actual usage of resources is displayed on the Billing Management page. We recommend that you keep an eye on your resource usage.
- A resource plan takes effect immediately after you purchase it. The resource plan is effective only within the validity period and becomes invalid when it expires.
- When your resource plan expires or exceeds the usage limit, the continued use of the resources generates charges based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. You need to take note of the consumption of your resource plan. You can purchase new resource plans in advance or ensure sufficient account balance to prevent service interruptions caused by overdue payments.
- You can purchase one or more resource plans and stack them to increase the usage limit. Resource consumption is preferentially offset from the resource plan that has the earliest expiration date among all resource plans.
- The validity period of each resource plan is separately calculated. The validity periods of multiple resource plans cannot be accumulated.
- You cannot change the type and specifications of a resource plan after you purchase it.
- You can use resource plans of ApsaraVideo VOD to offset only the resource consumption of ApsaraVideo VOD paid services.
- Users who activated ApsaraVideo VOD before 00:00:00 on October 11, 2018, are still subject to charges for transcoding to resolutions of 960×540 pixels or lower. You can use transcoding plans to offset transcoding fees.
When you activate ApsaraVideo VOD, you can select pay-by-data-transfer or pay-by-peak-bandwidth based on your business requirements. After you activate ApsaraVideo VOD, the default billing method is pay-as-you-go. ApsaraVideo VOD also allows you to use resource plans to offset the resource consumption of commonly used paid services. In the pay-as-you-go billing method, fees are calculated by multiplying the service unit price and the service usage in a billing cycle. The consumed amount is deducted from the balance of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- The pay-as-you-go billing method is available for all paid services of ApsaraVideo VOD.
- Pay-by-data-transfer is suitable for scenarios in which the traffic curve shows substantial fluctuations and bandwidth spikes and the daily bandwidth utilization is lower than 30%.
|Feature||Billable item||Description||Recommended billing method|
|Media upload||Media transcoding||You can transcode media files when you upload media files to ApsaraVideo VOD. You can transcode existing media files that are stored in ApsaraVideo VOD. You are charged for video transcoding based on the format and duration of the output.||ApsaraVideo VOD transcoding plans. Transcoding plans can be stacked to increase the usage limit.|
|Media storage||Media storage||ApsaraVideo VOD provides 50 GB of storage capacity free of charge. The system accumulates the storage space that you use in ApsaraVideo VOD every day. If the used storage space does not exceed the storage capacity of your storage plan, no additional fees are charged. If the used storage space exceeds the storage capacity of your storage plan, the excess storage space is charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.||ApsaraVideo VOD storage plans. Storage plans can be stacked to increase the usage limit.|
|Media playback||(Optional) Outbound traffic||
You are charged based on tiered pricing in each region. A billing cycle is equivalent to one calendar month. Within a billing cycle, the amount of outbound traffic that exceeds the limit in the current pricing tier is charged based on the next pricing tier.
ApsaraVideo VOD outbound traffic is most commonly used for playback and download. The following rules describe the billing methods of outbound traffic:Billing methods of outbound traffic that is used for playback:
Notice The OSS outbound traffic is different from the traffic that is used in ApsaraVideo VOD. The OSS outbound traffic cannot be offset from your ApsaraVideo VOD data transfer plan.
To avoid fees for OSS outbound traffic, configure an accelerated domain name. For more information, see Add a domain name for CDN.
|ApsaraVideo VOD data transfer plans. Data transfer plans can be stacked to increase the usage limit. You are charged on an hourly basis, and the consumed traffic is offset from the data transfer plans.|
|Media management||Video editing||If you use the video editing service, you are charged based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. The amount is calculated based on the output specifications, duration of the edited file, and the editing type.||Pay-as-you-go.|
|Digital rights management (DRM) encryption||If you use the DRM encryption service, you are charged each time when a device requests a license to play a DRM-encrypted video.||Pay-as-you-go.|