This topic describes how to test network connectivity. You can log on to the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to test network connectivity to ensure that the configured IPv6 address can access the Internet.
In this example, the ping -6 command is used to test the connectivity between the ECS instance and the Alibaba
Cloud China site (
- Connect to an ECS instance that has an IPv6 address configured. For more information, see Connect to a Windows instance by using password authentication.
- Start the command-line tool. You can use one of the following methods to start the command-line tool:
- In the lower-left corner of the Windows desktop, right-click the Start icon and open Windows PowerShell.
- On the desktop, press Win+R to open the Run dialog box and enter
cmdto start the command-line tool.
- Run the following command to test network connectivity.
ping -6 aliyun.comThe following figure shows an example of the test result.