After you modify the configuration items of a service, you must restart the service to make the configurations take effect. This topic describes how to restart a service in the E-MapReduce (EMR) console.
- Go to the Cluster Overview page.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a cluster. The region of a cluster cannot be changed after the cluster is created.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page, find your cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, choose . The HDFS service is used as an example in this topic.
- In the upper-right corner of the HDFS service page, choose .
- In the Cluster Activities dialog box, specify Description and click OK.
- In the Confirm message, click OK.